Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

back up

Do I need to back up my computer to a hard drive when I have iCloud? I am sending it in for service

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Jun 20, 2021 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2021 2:44 PM

VanWade Said:

"back up: Do I need to back up my computer to a hard drive when I have iCloud? I am sending it in for service"

-------

Yes. You should always back up your computer. Using a hard drive is best, as you will have it stored for safe keeping, should Apple's servers down, or you loose connectivity some how, and cannot access the internet.

And Apple always recommends that you do so prior to sending it in for service. That way, you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the service. Be certain to back up every-so-often.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2021 2:44 PM in response to VanWade

VanWade Said:

"back up: Do I need to back up my computer to a hard drive when I have iCloud? I am sending it in for service"

-------

Yes. You should always back up your computer. Using a hard drive is best, as you will have it stored for safe keeping, should Apple's servers down, or you loose connectivity some how, and cannot access the internet.

And Apple always recommends that you do so prior to sending it in for service. That way, you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the service. Be certain to back up every-so-often.

back up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.