Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change password email account

I have an iPhone 6 and need to change the password of one of my e-mailaccount. That should be easy, but in settings mail ‘ accounts’ is not there. And I don’t how t get there. Is there someone with a solution or suggestion

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 20, 2021 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2021 3:21 PM

daan211 Said:

"Change password email account: I have an iPhone 6 and need to change the password of one of my e-mailaccount. That should be easy, but in settings mail ‘ accounts’ is not there. And I don’t how t get there. Is there someone with a solution or suggestion"

-------

Based on the Above:

A. Modifying the Password:

1. Tap: Settings
  2. Tap: Passwords and Accounts
  3. Tap: [your eMail account name]
  4. Tap: Account
  5. Tap: Password
  6. Modify the Password

B. Which Password to Use:

App Password:

You may need to use a new app password. If you were already using one, then it may have expired (something that typically happens after installations and updates). So, contact your eMail provider to find out how to get an App Password.

For Example:

As an example, for AOL Mail, Go Here: Create and Manage Third-Party App Passwords - AOL Help

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2021 3:21 PM in response to daan211

daan211 Said:

"Change password email account: I have an iPhone 6 and need to change the password of one of my e-mailaccount. That should be easy, but in settings mail ‘ accounts’ is not there. And I don’t how t get there. Is there someone with a solution or suggestion"

-------

Based on the Above:

A. Modifying the Password:

1. Tap: Settings
  2. Tap: Passwords and Accounts
  3. Tap: [your eMail account name]
  4. Tap: Account
  5. Tap: Password
  6. Modify the Password

B. Which Password to Use:

App Password:

You may need to use a new app password. If you were already using one, then it may have expired (something that typically happens after installations and updates). So, contact your eMail provider to find out how to get an App Password.

For Example:

As an example, for AOL Mail, Go Here: Create and Manage Third-Party App Passwords - AOL Help

Jun 22, 2021 7:09 PM in response to daan211

daan211 Said:

"Change password email account: This is what is the regular procedure. But on my phone there is no ‘accounts’ so I can’t change the password. My problem is how to get to accounts in mail!"

-------

Set this Up Anew:

Well, you could set this phone up anew, as if you were to sell it. You would back it up first, and then use the following link***. Once all is set up anew, you'd add it all back manually. The Link to use: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Change password email account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.