Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Instagram log in error

Okay this is going to be a lot, but if anyone has any idea on how to help me, I’d really appreciate it. In 2018 I got an iPhone 8 Plus. I had a few Instagram accounts logged in. I hadn’t had the phone longer than 3 months and ran into a problem. All of my accounts got logged out and I was only able to log back into 1 through Facebook. That account is not my main account. Every time I tried to log into Instagram it would tell me there was an error. I could log in through my browser or any other persons app on their phone, just not my phones app. Eventually I gave up and now here I am 3 years later and got the iPhone 12 today. It is still giving me the same exact error. Someone said that when there was an Apple update in 2018, iPhone 8 Plus’s had a problem with Instagram accounts and never bothered to fix it. The only way people have got around it was making a new Apple ID. I’m only posting on this because I’ve tried reaching out to Instagram countless times. I think this is an Apple issue. How can I log into the Instagram app on my iPad with the same Apple ID, yet I can’t log into my brand new phone. I feel lost. I haven’t been able to see my friends posts my last 2 years of high school and then after that. I miss seeing what people are up to. I just don’t know what to do. It’s extremely irritating

iPhone 12

Posted on Jun 20, 2021 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2021 4:38 PM

Mbain1015 Said:

"Instagram log in error: [...]Every time I tried to log into Instagram it would tell me there was an error. I could log in through my browser or any other persons app on their phone, just not my phones app. Eventually I gave up and now here I am 3 years later and got the iPhone 12 today. It is still giving me the same exact error.[...]I’m only posting on this because I’ve tried reaching out to Instagram countless times. I think this is an Apple issue.[...]"

-------

Report this to Apple:

Provide Apple with Feedback:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this. Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more they hear of this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed. This is a common issue, and Apple needs to be made aware of this more-and-more. So, report it,

To Provide Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when you can across this issues, and how you have troubleshot it thus far.
  4. Proceed form there as necessary

Don't Create Another Account:

Any avoid creating another Apple ID, as Apple IDs are not able to be merged as of this reply.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2021 4:38 PM in response to Mbain1015

Mbain1015 Said:

"Instagram log in error: [...]Every time I tried to log into Instagram it would tell me there was an error. I could log in through my browser or any other persons app on their phone, just not my phones app. Eventually I gave up and now here I am 3 years later and got the iPhone 12 today. It is still giving me the same exact error.[...]I’m only posting on this because I’ve tried reaching out to Instagram countless times. I think this is an Apple issue.[...]"

-------

Report this to Apple:

Provide Apple with Feedback:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this. Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more they hear of this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed. This is a common issue, and Apple needs to be made aware of this more-and-more. So, report it,

To Provide Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when you can across this issues, and how you have troubleshot it thus far.
  4. Proceed form there as necessary

Don't Create Another Account:

Any avoid creating another Apple ID, as Apple IDs are not able to be merged as of this reply.

Instagram log in error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.