Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t Update YouTube 😔

When I try to update the YouTube app it redirects to iTunes login. When I enter my credentials it shows “An unknown error occurred”. Can anyone help!

Posted on Jun 20, 2021 9:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 1:35 PM

Welcome back Mrunal007,

Thank you for clarifying. If the app was previously installed using a different Apple ID, then the account used to install that software will be required to update it. If this is your device, then any apps installed using a different Apple ID should be removed and reinstalled so that you will be able to update them in the future.

We hope this helps!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2021 1:35 PM in response to Mrunal007

Welcome back Mrunal007,

Thank you for clarifying. If the app was previously installed using a different Apple ID, then the account used to install that software will be required to update it. If this is your device, then any apps installed using a different Apple ID should be removed and reinstalled so that you will be able to update them in the future.

We hope this helps!

Jun 21, 2021 3:16 PM in response to Mrunal007

Hello Mrunal007,

We see that you're experiencing problems updating apps for your device. We're happy to assist.

To rule out possible causes, do you get this error if you test with a different Wi-Fi network or just cellular data as well? Have you confirmed that the Apple ID and password combination you're attempting to use work to log in at Apple ID? Are you able to download or update other apps at this time? The more details you can provide the more likely you are to receive a helpful reply here.

Cheers!

Jun 21, 2021 9:00 PM in response to Bill_T1

It is happening with both Wifi and cellular data. Yes I can update other apps, it is happening with only Youtube. About the account, actually my brother's iTunes account was signed in as he used the phone for a while, so I am selecting the forgot password and giving my account in place of his account and entering the trusted phone number for otp and when I enter the otp it shows “An unknown error occurred”. Thank you for responding.

Can’t Update YouTube 😔

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.