Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blank Results in Apple Music

When using the Music app on my MacBook, I am unable to yield results when searching in the search bar, or when accessing the Listen Now, Browse and Radio tabs. I am able to access and play any song(s) that I have already added to my library and I'm able to access all of the above features on my iPhone's Music app. But, when trying to do so on my MacBook I am only met by a blank screen (as seen in the attached screenshot).

I am using a MacBook Pro (16-inch 2019), currently running macOS Big Sur 11.4.

If there are any solutions to this issue I would appreciate the feedback.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 20, 2021 9:21 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Jun 20, 2021 10:07 PM in response to JoeyOrigami

Hey JoeyOrigami!

Can you say if the same search function isn’t working on other apps? Such as Mail, Spotlight Search, etc.?

If not, I night create a new Music Library, the test the issue:

Use multiple libraries in Music on Mac:

https://support.apple.com/guide/music/use-multiple-libraries-mus7663a920a/mac

Just quit the Music app, and relaunch while holding Option to create a new library, and choose a location.

Does the same issue occur there?

That maybe good to know. You can also return to the original library by doing the same steps, (Launch while holding the Option key).

Those answers/steps may help, and may even sold your issue, hope so, otherwise, let me know! Or anyone else here, happy to help out!

Jun 24, 2021 12:23 PM in response to rockalas

Gotcha, can you check:

System Preferences > Network > Advanced > Proxies? Is anything enabled in there?

Likewise while in the Network Preferences, do you have any VPN type interface on the left column under Ethernet, WiFi, etc.?

If so disabling the proxy and removing the Interface may fix it, just be sure to hit Apply after doing so, (If There of course).

I might also try safe boot as a test:

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/start-up-your-mac-in-safe-mode-mh21245/mac

Cheers, let me know how it goes!

Jun 24, 2021 9:48 AM in response to DiZoE

I am having the same exact issue. Listen now, browse, radio, and the search function are all blank when loading Music. It works totally fine on my iPhone. Tried making a new library and didn't help. Search function works on the rest of the computer. It's almost as if the music app isn't connecting to the server or something, but my internet connection is fine!

Blank Results in Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.