Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how

my friend gave me his old iphone and his sisters locked him out permanently how do i get it to work again with my own apple account

Posted on Jun 20, 2021 9:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2021 9:44 PM

jolt1010 Said:

"how: my friend gave me his old iphone and his sisters locked him out permanently how do i get it to work again with my own apple account"

-------

How to Fix this:

Your friend needs to contact Apple, and request that it be unlocked (if it is his iPhone that he purchased). Once unlocked, your friend needs to log himself out of iCloud on it (by tapping his name to the top of Settings, and then entering his password). Once he is logged out, you can try logging in using the same method. If it is not his account that is logged into it, then have the person who is logged into it, log themselves out out if. If he never logs himself out of iCloud on it, then it is useless to your Apple Account. Important: Have your friend use this site, prior to handing it over to you: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Apple Support Contact Info:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2021 9:44 PM in response to jolt1010

jolt1010 Said:

"how: my friend gave me his old iphone and his sisters locked him out permanently how do i get it to work again with my own apple account"

-------

How to Fix this:

Your friend needs to contact Apple, and request that it be unlocked (if it is his iPhone that he purchased). Once unlocked, your friend needs to log himself out of iCloud on it (by tapping his name to the top of Settings, and then entering his password). Once he is logged out, you can try logging in using the same method. If it is not his account that is logged into it, then have the person who is logged into it, log themselves out out if. If he never logs himself out of iCloud on it, then it is useless to your Apple Account. Important: Have your friend use this site, prior to handing it over to you: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Apple Support Contact Info:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

how

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.