Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

German Layout Magic Keyboard - '@' doesn't function

Hi, as German is my second language, I've swapped my Magic UK keyboard for a brand new German layout Magic keyboard from the Apple online store. My OSX has been set to German region for several months and since installing the keyboard I've set the primary input to German-standard and rebooted several times. All the ä ö ü ß keys are fine.

But, for some reason 'option + L' is not producing the @ sign. All I get is a weird little comma highlighted in yellow. There's no mechanical issue either, tapping it makes an 'L' just fine.

I'm having to use other methods to get the @ sign (selecting it by mouse from Emojis and Symbols in the top bar.

What could be going wrong?

Cheers

Matt

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 1:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 2:23 AM

On German Standard, @ is located at Option Q (not Option L). Try that. I think the latest Apple German keyboards should even have @ printed on the Q key maybe.

If you set your input source to German instead of German Standard, then @ should be on Option L.

7 replies

German Layout Magic Keyboard - '@' doesn't function

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.