Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth earphone on iphone 12 pro

Hi. I have a bluetooth earphone that work very well on my old iphone 6s plus and my brother’s iphone 12. However, when i tried on my new iphone 12 pro, its connected but the audio still playing on the iphone and can’t select or switch to my earphone. Plus, the phone seems to be lag.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 6:56 AM

4 replies

Jun 22, 2021 9:06 AM in response to Kinkato

Hi there Kinkato,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand your Bluetooth headphones are connecting but audio still plays through the speakers, specifically when you use them with your iPhone 12 Pro. We’ll be happy to help.

One way to isolate the issue, is to test a different pair of Bluetooth headphones with your iPhone, if you have any available. If the same thing happens, there may be an issue with the iPhone. If the other headphones work fine with the iPhone there’s more of a mystery, since the Bluetooth headphones in question do work with other iOS devices. Let us know if that’s the case.

To troubleshoot Bluetooth issues, start with these steps: If the sound from your wireless headphones cuts out or is distorted.

Also, we noticed in the picture that there are AirPods connected. Are the AirPods Pro the Bluetooth headphones you’re referring to or is it another pair?

Best regards.

Jun 23, 2021 8:18 AM in response to danakayw

Its not airpods. I just rename it. 😅

For your info, ive tried all the methods. Forget device, restart, reset network. Its still no working. Its just connected but cant switch the audio to the earphone. actually, there are 3 times i was able to make it works. But once i put back in case and try to use it again, it’ll happen again. This is todays picture. It works well at that time. Now, after i put back in case, its not working again. This problem happen only for my 12 pro compare to my 6s plus and my brother 12.

Jun 28, 2021 9:01 AM in response to danakayw

Hi. Today i have figure out the solution for this matter. It happen when my apple watch is out of battery and not connected to my iphone. During that time, my earphone can be use without any problems. So, i run some test by using the earphone with my apple watch connected and disconnected. And the result, it does effected by that. So, i hope that you can run some test on that and figure out the better solution.

Jun 23, 2021 9:25 AM in response to Kinkato

Thanks for reaching back out Kinkato,

Were you able to test a different Bluetooth audio device with the iPhone 12? It sounds like the issue is with that device since the headphones with with other devices without issues.

To work on Bluetooth with the iPhone, follow this guide: If you can't connect a Bluetooth accessory to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

If the issue continues, you can use the link at the bottom of the page to reach out for further assistance.

Take care!

Bluetooth earphone on iphone 12 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.