Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop the auto-arranging of app icons on my home screen

I want the top two rows on my home screen blank as I want to see the photo on the home screen. How do I have the app icons stay where I place them, instead of them auto arranging to the top of the screen?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 1:25 PM

Not an option - weird. Putting a photo widget at the top is not really the same effect. I've found a number of hacks on the Internet to put fake apps in the top rows that have the photo section as their image as an option, fairly clunky though.

In searching for solutions it seems like this is a common request; hopefully Apple listens ... :)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2021 1:25 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Not an option - weird. Putting a photo widget at the top is not really the same effect. I've found a number of hacks on the Internet to put fake apps in the top rows that have the photo section as their image as an option, fairly clunky though.

In searching for solutions it seems like this is a common request; hopefully Apple listens ... :)

Jun 21, 2021 9:35 AM in response to petecapelli

petecapelli wrote:

I want the top two rows on my home screen blank as I want to see the photo on the home screen. How do I have the app icons stay where I place them, instead of them auto arranging to the top of the screen?

That is not an option.

You can put a photo widget at the top of the screen and use it to display favorite photos

Use widgets on your iPhone and iPod touch - Apple Support

How do I stop the auto-arranging of app icons on my home screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.