Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this legit: resecure your account

Opening up safari I got a message saying 'Compromised Password' due to a data leak. plus a link to click. Is this legit? If not, how does it end up showing in my browser? how worried should i be?

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 10:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 12:00 PM

thank you! this is very helpful.

yes this was indeed the notification

unfortunately i didn't click the link and closed the corresponding window.

i cant find anything about this in my keychain password safe, which is strange- right?

I would like to resolve the issue but can no longer find any information identifying the compromised passwords?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2021 12:00 PM in response to dominic23

thank you! this is very helpful.

yes this was indeed the notification

unfortunately i didn't click the link and closed the corresponding window.

i cant find anything about this in my keychain password safe, which is strange- right?

I would like to resolve the issue but can no longer find any information identifying the compromised passwords?

Jun 21, 2021 11:11 AM in response to ydwine

If this is what you are seeing, it is legit.

Even though this is about iOS Safari, this applies to macOS Safari as well.

Section: Password monitoring

Safari securely monitors your saved passwords, automatically keeping an eye out for passwords that may have been involved in a data breach. To do this, Safari uses strong cryptographic techniques to regularly check derivations of your passwords against a list of breached passwords in a secure and private way that doesn’t reveal your password information — even to Apple. If Safari discovers a breach, it can help you upgrade to Sign in with Apple when available, or automatically generate a new secure password.

https://www.apple.com/ios/ios-14/features/

Try suggestions given in this article.

https://support.apple.com/guide/security/password-security-recommendations-sec7f0432063/web

Is this legit: resecure your account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.