Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Download

Got my first Apple MacBook few days ago, and when I try to download third partie Apps it tell me Apple can't download this App, because it hasn't been downloaded from the App Store.

and it made my download a App that will cost $9.99 to use it to download third partie apps, and I don't even know it will work properly if I buy it.

Isn't in the Settings, a way to allow the system to accept third parties? like the iPhone.

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 3:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 1:02 PM

Is your Mac refusing to allow you to download a 3rd party app or is it refusing to install a 3rd party app?

How to run unverified apps on macOS.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.4; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.5; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.6; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.6; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.6; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.6  HomePods, audioOS 14.6 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2021 1:02 PM in response to moussa257

Is your Mac refusing to allow you to download a 3rd party app or is it refusing to install a 3rd party app?

How to run unverified apps on macOS.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.4; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.5; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.6; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.6; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.6; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.6  HomePods, audioOS 14.6 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Jun 22, 2021 12:51 PM in response to moussa257

Hi moussa257,

Thanks for reaching out using Apple Support Communities. Here to help.

Thanks for reviewing the related article, Community etiquette guidelines!

We understand you are having trouble installing an application you downloaded from the web, is that right?

This sounds like a feature on the Mac called Gatekeeper. This is a tool that provides warnings and disclosures when opening applications not on the App Store or from trusted developers. You will still be able to allow these applications to open, but there are some settings you will need to take a look at. This next article will provide relevant images and guidance.

Safely open apps on your Mac

Head to System Preferences > Security and Privacy, then select the General tab. You will need to click the lock at the bottom left to make changes. For the section 'Allow apps downloaded from' you can choose App Store and identified developers. In the article above, take a look at the section titled 'If you want to open an app that hasn’t been notarized or is from an unidentified developer'. If an application is not identified but you wish to open the app anyways, an Open Anyway button will appear here giving you the option to bypass the security block.

You would not need to pay for an app in the App Store in order to manage these security settings or allow applications you are wanting to download and install.

Hope this helps! Take care for now.

App Download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.