Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if I have music on my airpods and a phone calls comes in and I answer the phone call, i can hear the music and the phone call

if I have music on my air pods and a phone calls comes in and I answer the phone call, I can hear the music and the phone call at the same time. at the other end the person who phoned me can hear the phone call only,

how do i turn the music off while in a phone call

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 3:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 8:23 AM

Hello paulb007,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

We understand that when you are listening to music through your AirPods and when a phone call comes in, the music continues playing. You are able to hear the call and speak to the person, but also hear the music. The caller only hears you, no music. Since the AirPods only play what they received from the iPhone, this would be something with the iPhone.

What happens if you are listening to music on the iPhone, without the AirPods? Does the music stop when a call comes in?

How do you accept the call when it rings? Do you tap the AirPods or the iPhone?

Has it always done this or is this something new?

If this is new behavior, has anything changed recently? Software updates, etc.

Let us know and we can go from there.

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2021 8:23 AM in response to paulb007

Hello paulb007,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

We understand that when you are listening to music through your AirPods and when a phone call comes in, the music continues playing. You are able to hear the call and speak to the person, but also hear the music. The caller only hears you, no music. Since the AirPods only play what they received from the iPhone, this would be something with the iPhone.

What happens if you are listening to music on the iPhone, without the AirPods? Does the music stop when a call comes in?

How do you accept the call when it rings? Do you tap the AirPods or the iPhone?

Has it always done this or is this something new?

If this is new behavior, has anything changed recently? Software updates, etc.

Let us know and we can go from there.

Best regards.

if I have music on my airpods and a phone calls comes in and I answer the phone call, i can hear the music and the phone call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.