Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot update apps because purchased with different id

How can I update apps on my IPad that were purchased with a different I’d?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 6:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 6:44 AM

The simple answer is to login to the App Store with the 'different ID'. I worked with Apple Support yesterday with a similar issue. I have multiple Apple ID and I login to my iPad with ID#1 but my App Store purchases are all on ID#2. I ended up needing to setup family sharing between the two. If this isn't an option for you then you will need to purchase your apps again on the ID you are currently using.

Hope this helps.

Paul

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2021 6:44 AM in response to 14-65

The simple answer is to login to the App Store with the 'different ID'. I worked with Apple Support yesterday with a similar issue. I have multiple Apple ID and I login to my iPad with ID#1 but my App Store purchases are all on ID#2. I ended up needing to setup family sharing between the two. If this isn't an option for you then you will need to purchase your apps again on the ID you are currently using.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Cannot update apps because purchased with different id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.