Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set up a voicemail for my new Apple Watch ? When I call it says no voicemail set up

How do I set up voicemail on my new Apple watch ? When I call the number it says no voicemail has been set up

Apple Watch Edition

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 9:36 AM

The Watch does not have a separate number from the iPhone. It uses the iPhone's number. If you are looking at a number on your phone bill, that is just a billing number and is not for use to receive calls on the Watch.

4 replies

Jul 4, 2021 6:27 PM in response to cindysrebnik

cindysrebnik wrote:

The watch actually DOES have a separate number from your phone. If you have the watch on a cellular plan , you CAN make and receive phone calls. You don’t have to have the watch paired or on WiFi.

While it is correct that you can make and receive calls with a cellular watch, it makes and receives calls from your iPhone number. The number assigned to the Watch by your cellular company is only a number for accounting purposes and not a working phone number. The only difference may be for those individuals that have an Apple Watch that is paired as a part of a Family Plan. In that case, your cellular provider would need to assist you in setting up your voicemail, since voicemail is a carrier feature.

How do I set up a voicemail for my new Apple Watch ? When I call it says no voicemail set up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.