Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is Iphone Max pro waterproof?

I believe I got water damage by taking underwater pictures on iPhone Max pro, which supposed to be water resistant. Now the phone is not functioning. I have Apple Care, but I am not sure if the water damaged is covered under it?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 1:31 PM

Water Resistant is not Water Proof.

Apple Warns against submerging the iPhone. It is not covered by warranty. It should not be done.

Link-> About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

To prevent liquid damage, avoid these:

• Swimming or bathing with your iPhone
  • Exposing your iPhone to pressurized water or high velocity water, such as when showering, water skiing, wake boarding, surfing, jet skiing, and so on
  • Using your iPhone in a sauna or steam room
  • Intentionally submerging your iPhone in water
  • Operating your iPhone outside the suggested temperature ranges or in extremely humid conditions
  • Dropping your iPhone or subjecting it to other impacts
  • Disassembling your iPhone, including removing screws

You have voided your warranty, and Apple will not cover it. You will have to pay for a replacement.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2021 1:31 PM in response to kasia52

Water Resistant is not Water Proof.

Apple Warns against submerging the iPhone. It is not covered by warranty. It should not be done.

Link-> About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

To prevent liquid damage, avoid these:

• Swimming or bathing with your iPhone
  • Exposing your iPhone to pressurized water or high velocity water, such as when showering, water skiing, wake boarding, surfing, jet skiing, and so on
  • Using your iPhone in a sauna or steam room
  • Intentionally submerging your iPhone in water
  • Operating your iPhone outside the suggested temperature ranges or in extremely humid conditions
  • Dropping your iPhone or subjecting it to other impacts
  • Disassembling your iPhone, including removing screws

You have voided your warranty, and Apple will not cover it. You will have to pay for a replacement.

Jun 22, 2021 2:37 PM in response to kasia52

Hello:) Also some also believe they can purchase a waterproof case in which to place their iPhone and then take underwater pictures. Not advisable option either . For something that for many of us contains so much of our day to day lives such as our iPhones there are much better options . Purchase an inexpensive camera made for underwater pictures and then if you find that you enjoy that you can purchase something specific to continue that pursuit. Protect your new phone from water.Be well.

is Iphone Max pro waterproof?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.