Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

softwear updated now Google maps doesn’t open and it says the developer needs to update it. This sucks. I wouldn’t have updated my softwear if I knew. They need to let people know if updating a softwear will mess us their existing

How can I get my Google maps to work again? I really like and want to have this app. Can I go back to my old softwear version and get the app to work?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 2:49 PM

The latest Google Maps update was released on June 16. According to my iPhone, the latest version of Google Maps is Version 5.71.0. Go to Settings>General>iPhone Storage. Then click on Google Maps and it will tell you what version you have. Then if necessary, you can go to the App Store to see if there is an update. It is working fine on my iPhone 12 Pro with iOS 14.6.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2021 2:49 PM in response to Xkcm1

The latest Google Maps update was released on June 16. According to my iPhone, the latest version of Google Maps is Version 5.71.0. Go to Settings>General>iPhone Storage. Then click on Google Maps and it will tell you what version you have. Then if necessary, you can go to the App Store to see if there is an update. It is working fine on my iPhone 12 Pro with iOS 14.6.

softwear updated now Google maps doesn’t open and it says the developer needs to update it. This sucks. I wouldn’t have updated my softwear if I knew. They need to let people know if updating a softwear will mess us their existing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.