Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch serial number changed after repair

Hey guys. So I recently just got a new Apple Watch series 6, and of course, I forgot the watch at my house when visiting and had my dad bring it to my apartment but in doing so, he dropped it and shattered the screen. Not even 2 weeks into owning it haha. Anyways, I had apple care on it (which he obviously covered) but after I sent the watch away to be repaired, it returned to me within 5 days (which is today). That’s when I noticed the serial number is different than the broken one. Does this mean they just gave me an entirely new watch? I’m leasing this watch through progressive and not sure if this does anything with that as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Apple Watch

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 3:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 6:59 PM

Yes, they don't repair broken crystals they replace the entire watch. You might want to notify Progressive.

1 reply

Apple Watch serial number changed after repair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.