You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV password

Hi, I’ve not used my Apple TV for a while and can’t remember my password. 2 questions, I’m guided to sign in to Apple TV plus, does that mean my original Apple TV (non plus) no longer exists ?

Ive seen other posts about turning off password then putting a fresh one in but I can’t find anywhere an option to turn password off in the first place …TIA

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 3:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 12:12 AM

On what device is this happening? Do you have the Apple TV box? What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Apple TV+ is Apple’s streaming subscription channel featuring Apple Originals. It is optional and only tangentially related to other Apple TV items. It was new in 2019-11, and didn’t replace anything else.

“Apple TV” often refers to

- the Apple TV box (the hardware) or

- the Apple TV app (the software to access iTunes Store movies, Apple TV+, and select other premium subscription channels). The Apple TV app is available on many devices, including the Apple TV box (3rd generation or later).

The password that the Apple TV box may want, is the Apple ID password. The account should be the same for any of your Apple devices, for the App Store, for the iTunes Store, and any of your subscription that are billed through Apple. The password is required and can’t be turned off.

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 23, 2021 12:12 AM in response to Etype4hetype

On what device is this happening? Do you have the Apple TV box? What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Apple TV+ is Apple’s streaming subscription channel featuring Apple Originals. It is optional and only tangentially related to other Apple TV items. It was new in 2019-11, and didn’t replace anything else.

“Apple TV” often refers to

- the Apple TV box (the hardware) or

- the Apple TV app (the software to access iTunes Store movies, Apple TV+, and select other premium subscription channels). The Apple TV app is available on many devices, including the Apple TV box (3rd generation or later).

The password that the Apple TV box may want, is the Apple ID password. The account should be the same for any of your Apple devices, for the App Store, for the iTunes Store, and any of your subscription that are billed through Apple. The password is required and can’t be turned off.

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Apple TV password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.