Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text alerts

My iPhone 11 Pro Max has stopped alerting me upon responses to text messages. I’ve tried a reset, adjusted sounds & haptics and notification- any bides how to fix this issue?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 8:37 PM

7 replies

Jun 23, 2021 2:41 PM in response to Lfriley55

Hi Lfriley55,

We understand you're not receiving notifications, and we definitely don't want you to miss any important messages. We're happy to help.

When you say you're not receiving any alerts, are you not receiving sound notifications, badges, banners or a combination of the three? Are you currently seeing any indication that you have a new message, or do you need to open the Messages app to see them? You've tried some great troubleshooting on your own, and these details will help us better determine our next steps.

All the best.

Jun 23, 2021 3:36 PM in response to Lfriley55

Hi Lfriley55,

You're very welcome! When you unlock your iPhone, do you see a red badge on the Messages icon, showing there are new messages, or no? If not, does this behavior happen when the iPhone is connected to cellular data or Wi-Fi? Also, if you change the notification to a different sound, does the behavior change at all?

Let us know what you find! We're here for you.

Take care.

Text alerts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.