Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to change my iPhone’s back glass

Have a good day!

i want to change my phone’s back glass i just want to know the price if possible.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 1:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 6:08 AM

The back glass on your iPhone is fused to the phone and cannot be replaced. The entire phone has to be replaced. See the Out of Warranty prices in this link --> iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

Prices shown are in the US and for iPhone XS as you can see the cost is $549

11 replies

Jun 25, 2021 12:00 PM in response to Abhishek_T

If you are referring to the Apple 1-year warranty, that does not cover accidental damage to your iPhone. You would have to get the phone replaced. If you elected to purchase an AppleCare+ plan when you bought this phone, it could be considered to be one of the two (yearly) accidental incidents and you could get that replacement phone at a reduced cost.

Jun 25, 2021 12:15 PM in response to Abhishek_T

Asking about warranty is pointless, when it comes to accidental damage. iPhone warranty as we've been telling you does NOT cover accidental damage. PERIOD.

From the Actual Apple iPhone Warranty page:

This Warranty does not apply: (a) to consumable parts, such as batteries or protective coatings that are designed to diminish over time, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship; (b) to cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship; (c) to damage caused by use with a third party component or product that does not meet the Apple Product’s specifications (Apple Product specifications are available at www.apple.com under the technical specifications for each product and also available in stores); (d) to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, fire, liquid contact, earthquake or other external cause; (e) to damage caused by operating the Apple Product outside Apple’s published guidelines; (f) to damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a representative of Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider (“AASP”); (g) to an Apple Product that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of Apple; (h) to defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the Apple Product; (i) if any serial number has been removed or defaced from the Apple Product; or (j) if Apple receives information from relevant public authorities that the product has been stolen or if you are unable to deactivate passcode-enabled or other security measures designed to prevent unauthorized access to the Apple Product, and you cannot prove in any way that you are the authorized user of the product (eg. by presenting proof of purchase).

I want to change my iPhone’s back glass

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.