Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reinstallation error on macOS Big Sur

Hi,

I recently tried to wipe my disk named “Macintosh HD” . I followed a tutorial on YouTube and it worked perfectly until the reinstallation part. I tried to reinstall macOS Big Sur two times and this is the error I got:

The guy first said to erase the main disk which is Macintosh HD and then deleting the other volume (Macintosh HD - Data) by clicking the minus button. Everytime I tried to install the software, it is stuck in “About 10 minutes remaining” and gives that error.

I have 25 GB used in Macintosh HD after trying to install twice.

Please help.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 4:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 6:23 AM

How to erase an Intel-based Mac this is the correct method as per Apple

How to reinstall macOS and again as per Apple

Similar questions

8 replies

Jun 23, 2021 6:36 AM in response to yalcinegemen

There are factors for this " Error Message" during the Recovery Re-Installation Process - like poor Wifi connection, slow wifi connection, too many other people downloading at the same time and Apple Severs are overloaded, if via wifi too many Other devices using the wifi at the same time reducing the Bandwidth to you computer. Best Results are via Ethernet Cable to Router

Jun 23, 2021 6:46 AM in response to PRP_53

Thanks,

I will try a different WiFi and an ethernet cable and inform you about the results. But in my opinion, It isn’t a coincidence that the installation stops at “About 12 minutes left”. Many people also saw this error at that time. Maybe there is an error because of a file that is downloaded. My WiFi is also stable and its speed is decent.

Jun 23, 2021 6:51 AM in response to yalcinegemen

The About 12 minutes remains - agree is misleading. In Real Time it can be 30 - 45 minutes. It is during this " Pause " the slightest interference over Wifi connection and it will end with another Error Message. It is for that reason suggested the Ethernet Cable to Router. If one Must use Wifi - have already suggested possible solution.

Reinstallation error on macOS Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.