You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I force my iPhone to join my home network rather than xfinity

How can I set my home wifi as the default? I used to be able to do this. Now it keeps going to xfinity.

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 8:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 10:14 AM

Hello arwalk,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you’d like a specific network to auto-join to your device. We’d be happy to help.

We see you’re coming to us from How iOS decides which wireless network to auto-join. But we think you’ll find the information under “Join Wi-Fi networks automatically” in Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch helpful. You can enable “auto-join” on the preferred network and just turn it off on the other one. The other network will still be a known network, it just won’t auto-join.

Have a great day.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 24, 2021 10:14 AM in response to arwalk

Hello arwalk,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you’d like a specific network to auto-join to your device. We’d be happy to help.

We see you’re coming to us from How iOS decides which wireless network to auto-join. But we think you’ll find the information under “Join Wi-Fi networks automatically” in Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch helpful. You can enable “auto-join” on the preferred network and just turn it off on the other one. The other network will still be a known network, it just won’t auto-join.

Have a great day.

How can I force my iPhone to join my home network rather than xfinity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.