Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete photo's

I purchase an iPhone 12 pro yesterday. The iCloud backup was turned on, on my old iPhone 8, but no pictures were saved in my cloud. If the salesperson deleted my information/photos off my old phone would that delete my photos in the cloud? If so, can they be recovered from the old phone?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 10:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 2:27 PM

gepowell05 wrote:

I purchase an iPhone 12 pro yesterday. The iCloud backup was turned on, on my old iPhone 8, but no pictures were saved in my cloud. If the salesperson deleted my information/photos off my old phone would that delete my photos in the cloud? If so, can they be recovered from the old phone?

Know the difference between backing up to the cloud and syncing to the cloud.

What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2021 2:27 PM in response to gepowell05

gepowell05 wrote:

Know the difference between backing up to the cloud and syncing to the cloud.

What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Delete photo's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.