Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch 6. How do I change my workout goal back to open goal?

How do I change my workout goal back to open goal?

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 7

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 3:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 4:12 PM

On the workout type tap on the 3 dots top right corner and tap on"Open" then start a workout and when you've finished tap on "End",Scroll down to the bottom and tap on "Done" the watch will remember your last setting and next time you do a workout it should be set to open goal,if not you may have to do it again as the watch enters whatever goal you set most and uses this as a default.

Here is a post from another forum that fixed the problem for this lady;

What I did to fix it was start an "OPEN GOAL" outdoor walk, and walked vigorously for about 1/2 an hour and just hit end when I was done. It still had a 20 min time set in yellow when I was finished. But the next day the 20 minutes had disappeared and OPEN GOAL was back in green, so I am assuming that is how you fix it. It must reset to the last thing you did overnight.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2021 4:12 PM in response to dedie17

On the workout type tap on the 3 dots top right corner and tap on"Open" then start a workout and when you've finished tap on "End",Scroll down to the bottom and tap on "Done" the watch will remember your last setting and next time you do a workout it should be set to open goal,if not you may have to do it again as the watch enters whatever goal you set most and uses this as a default.

Here is a post from another forum that fixed the problem for this lady;

What I did to fix it was start an "OPEN GOAL" outdoor walk, and walked vigorously for about 1/2 an hour and just hit end when I was done. It still had a 20 min time set in yellow when I was finished. But the next day the 20 minutes had disappeared and OPEN GOAL was back in green, so I am assuming that is how you fix it. It must reset to the last thing you did overnight.

Apple watch 6. How do I change my workout goal back to open goal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.