Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Pauses Song

Apple Music pauses song every 3-5 seconds. My MacBook Air 2020 (Mac newbie here) is 4 days old and issue happened on the 4th day. I did shutdown the device but still the same. I did not have that issue on my iPhone 12 app.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 8:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 2:33 PM

Hi yul_1981,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We are happy to help with the issue you are having with your Apple Music pausing. You want to make sure your software is up to date.  Learn How to update the software on your Mac here.

If it still happens, disable your Apple Music and then enable it again and re-sync your library. You will have to sign out of your Apple ID and then sign back in.

If either of those steps does not work, try to Start up your Mac in safe mode and see if the same thing happens. 

You might also want to create a new user and test there as well. Learn how to Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac here. Let us know exactly what happens when trying each step. 

Good luck!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2021 2:33 PM in response to yul_1981

Hi yul_1981,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We are happy to help with the issue you are having with your Apple Music pausing. You want to make sure your software is up to date.  Learn How to update the software on your Mac here.

If it still happens, disable your Apple Music and then enable it again and re-sync your library. You will have to sign out of your Apple ID and then sign back in.

If either of those steps does not work, try to Start up your Mac in safe mode and see if the same thing happens. 

You might also want to create a new user and test there as well. Learn how to Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac here. Let us know exactly what happens when trying each step. 

Good luck!

Apple Music Pauses Song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.