Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera shutter sound

I can’t turn off the camera shutter sound. I’ve tried turning the volume down and I’ve tried putting it on mute and it’s nowhere in settings

iPhone X

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 10:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 10:27 PM

penny_shirley Said:

"Camera shutter sound: I can’t turn off the camera shutter sound. I’ve tried turning the volume down and I’ve tried putting it on mute and it’s nowhere in settings"

-------

Not Being Apple to Disable This:

Disabling the shutter sound may not be an option to you. What determine that, depends on the original location of purchase. Note that some(not all) locations do not permit the shutter sound to be disabled. It is a licensing matter made between Apple, and the federal government.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2021 10:27 PM in response to penny_shirley

penny_shirley Said:

"Camera shutter sound: I can’t turn off the camera shutter sound. I’ve tried turning the volume down and I’ve tried putting it on mute and it’s nowhere in settings"

-------

Not Being Apple to Disable This:

Disabling the shutter sound may not be an option to you. What determine that, depends on the original location of purchase. Note that some(not all) locations do not permit the shutter sound to be disabled. It is a licensing matter made between Apple, and the federal government.

Camera shutter sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.