Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch 5, Activity Sharing Invite not working

Apple says this is under investigation, but anything you can think of that helped you? Please see specifics below:

I bought my AW5 on 06/21/21, paired it with IP 12 Pro Max. Sharing shows invite sent. Recipient receives a notification and can see my activity. However, my device continues to show - invite sent, the status does not change. Also, my watch/phone do not receive invites. I have done the following:

1. Updated OS on both Iphone and watch for both myself and the recipient
  2. We are not on the same network, recepient lives in a different space
  3. Restarted both iphone and watch for both myself and the recipient several times
  4. Facory reset my phone and set it up from backup
  5. Paired and Un-paired the watch thrice (before and after factory reset)
  6. Set it up as a new watch and also tried setting up watch from back up (i.e. my old watch)
  7. Signed in and out of icloud

Thank you!

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 2:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 7:46 AM

Hi again, it mysteriously resolved itself. A few things leading up to it:

1. I was on mobile data at the gym when i erased the last invite and resent one
  2. Recipient did not take any action this time. Note that my profile's activity has been visible since the beginning for him.
  3. From the moment i sent it, about 30-40 minutes later is when i got a notification saying you can see "xxxxx" activity now.

Thank you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2021 7:46 AM in response to srishtimohan

Hi again, it mysteriously resolved itself. A few things leading up to it:

1. I was on mobile data at the gym when i erased the last invite and resent one
  2. Recipient did not take any action this time. Note that my profile's activity has been visible since the beginning for him.
  3. From the moment i sent it, about 30-40 minutes later is when i got a notification saying you can see "xxxxx" activity now.

Thank you.

Apple watch 5, Activity Sharing Invite not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.