Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPassword not working with the latest update, I have years of passwords locked in this app that I can’t access till IPassword update the app, any suggestions please

IPassword will not work with this latest update till IPassword update the app to suit

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 4:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 9:56 AM

I solved!!!!!!! After the ios update 14.5 ipassword Was out of the updating and doesn’t Run. But i solved and recovered all my data from the app. I had an old iphone6 and i switched on and i filled my apple account. Then i clicked on my shopping and i founded the original App (ipassword). I downloaded it on my phone6 and i filled my pwd. At the beginning it was blank but i did restore from icloud and immediatly appears all my data since last backup.

But now stop to buy app from unreliable sellers!!!!!

i wish all of you will solve!!!!!! Bye

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2021 9:56 AM in response to canuck62

I solved!!!!!!! After the ios update 14.5 ipassword Was out of the updating and doesn’t Run. But i solved and recovered all my data from the app. I had an old iphone6 and i switched on and i filled my apple account. Then i clicked on my shopping and i founded the original App (ipassword). I downloaded it on my phone6 and i filled my pwd. At the beginning it was blank but i did restore from icloud and immediatly appears all my data since last backup.

But now stop to buy app from unreliable sellers!!!!!

i wish all of you will solve!!!!!! Bye

Jun 30, 2021 10:49 AM in response to Mary25-01-64

Try this, I was able to extract the data from my device running iOS 14.5 to a device running iOS 12.5 using iMazing software.

I had the same problem but I have managed to get access to the data using the software called iMazing.

You will need an iPAD or another iPhone that's not running iOS 14.5 or above and a laptop. I used an iPad Mini that's running iOS v12.5 and I used Win 10 Home 64bit.

In a nutshell all you need to do is backup the App data and restore it on the target device using iMazing software (You don't need to do full backup of everything)

So here is what you do...

1. Download iMazing software.
  2. Connect your device that has the iPassword data using a USB port on the laptop.
  3. In the left sidebar you will see your device connected, then click Manage Apps. iMazing's Manage Apps wizard opens.
  4. Click the Device tab to see the apps installed on this device. Scroll to find the app you want to back up. Click on the App to select it.
  5. At the bottom of that same screen you will see a Search bar, to the far right of this bar change the drop down (that's next to "Uninstall" button to be "Backup App Data"
  6. Choose a destination folder (by default, this is your Desktop). I chose to keep the default destination as changing the destination didn't work for me.
  7. Click Next and read the Important Notice, explaining that for some apps, not all data will be accessible.
  8. Click OK, and iMazing starts extracting your app's data to a .imazingapp file. This process can take some time so be patient.

Once iManage have finished extracting the data you should see a file on your desktop (or whatever destination you chose) - called iPassword.mazingapp

Restore the App backed up data:

Connect the device you want your data to be restored to....and...

1. Follow steps 1-4 as above
  2. At the bottom of the screen that you see in Step 4 you will see a Search bar, to the far right of this bar change the drop down (that's next to "Uninstall" button to be "Restore App Data"
  3. The Restore App Data wizard opens. Click the Choose button, and pick the .imazingapp files that you would like to restore. Then, click Done to start restoring the data.
  4. If iPassword is not installed on the target device, iMazing may ask you to sign into the App Store so it can download the software. Enter your password in the dialog, then click Sign In.
  5. Follow any on screen prompt till its restored the data.

IMPORTANT

1. Do not use iTunes and iMazing at the same time.
  2. Backup in iTunes is disabled if iMazing is running or if iMazing is not shut down correctly from the File menu.
  3. I changed the destination folder to create my App data backup but it errored right at the end. Not sure why. IN my final attempt I kept all default settings and it worked. So try not to change the destination folder and leave it as Desktop.

Enjoy!!!

Jul 3, 2021 11:54 AM in response to Mary25-01-64

I had the same issue with the latest update with my iPhone. After a couple of days of despair, I remembered

I had an iPad that hadn't been upgraded from 12.0 and was able to download the ipassword app from my purchases, in my account, from the App Store. I set the app up with the same login and password then opened it up and presto, all my password info was intact. What a sigh of relief. Needless to say I am transferring all my info to another program from a more reputable developer and keeping a backup on a thumb drive for the future. Seems like every time I go through an update stuff like this occurs.

Jul 10, 2021 8:35 AM in response to Mary25-01-64

I have been using an app called eWallet for over 10 years, but I almost switched to iPassword. I assumed that this was an Apple app. I feel for everyone affected. If it were me, I’d go back to an old phone or backup and export my info.

I also think that if you backup your iPhone to your computer, you can extract the data with a data extraction app.

IPassword not working with the latest update, I have years of passwords locked in this app that I can’t access till IPassword update the app, any suggestions please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.