Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Lossless vs. Tidal

I’m torn between Apple Music Lossless and Tidal. I’ve been using Tidal for a few years now and despite the bugs and crashes, I’ve always enjoyed how it sounded. I’ve tried listening to Apple Music Lossless and it’s not bad by any means but for some reason, Apple Music just sounds so quiet compared to Tidal. I’ve played the same songs from the two steaming platforms and Tidal seems more in your face and provides more bass while Apple Music Lossless sounds like everything is in the background. Has anyone else noticed this? I’ve made sure to turn off “Sound Check” and the EQ in the Music settings to have as neutral of a sound as possible. For example, I played WHY by NF on both platforms and listened to them in 30sec segments on both platforms all the way through and Tidal to me has a better bass response and louder/clearer vocals while Apple Music Lossless makes the song sound almost muffled in comparison. I want to switch to Apple Music due to its cheaper pricing, more features, etc. but it’s hard to when it’s music is so quiet and and muffled. And btw I’m using a pair of Sennheiser 660S’s with a Dragonfly Cobalt Dac for anyone wanting to know what equipment I’m using.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 5:17 AM

There are no replies.

Apple Music Lossless vs. Tidal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.