Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

View request link just goes to my iCloud. No where for me to approve the switch for my child to be on another family sharing account

When I click on “view request” from the email it goes to my iCloud area. It does not show any where for my to approve anything. I go to my sons name and there is no option for anything. Not even to edit his purchase restrictions. I need to transfer him to my husbands family sharing account and we’re stuck on this step because I cannot find where to approve the request.

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 4:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 10:03 PM

Hi BRK04,

Welcome to the Apple Community, where some of us do our best to help each other :)

Wondering if you saw the "Related Article" link, above your question on this discussion page.

Clicking the link opens an Apple Support article that gives you the steps to take, to accomplish your goal.

IE

Move a child to another group using Family Sharing:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201080

Hope this helps you :)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2021 10:03 PM in response to BRKO4

Hi BRK04,

Welcome to the Apple Community, where some of us do our best to help each other :)

Wondering if you saw the "Related Article" link, above your question on this discussion page.

Clicking the link opens an Apple Support article that gives you the steps to take, to accomplish your goal.

IE

Move a child to another group using Family Sharing:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201080

Hope this helps you :)

Jun 28, 2021 4:54 PM in response to Hixiemom

Sorry that the change has not gone smoothly for you.

Seems the family the child is moving to invites and approves the child's request.

Wondering if you read and followed this link (below) in the instructions?

You can ask an organizer from another family group to invite the child to their family.

After they invite the child, you get a notification. (Did the child not receive the request, and accept ?)

Seems you can approve the change from the notification received after the above takes place,

or use the steps given in the article.

All the best :)

View request link just goes to my iCloud. No where for me to approve the switch for my child to be on another family sharing account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.