Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple music undownloading my music

if i delete a song from my playlist, the whole song becomes undownloaded from my library and phone. it has happened with at least 10 songs now and it’s very annoying because i can’t find the songs in my library after.

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 10:11 AM

omg thank you! i might be imagining it but i could’ve sworn i used to just swipe and delete songs from my playlist before the last update. i completely forgot you could remove songs from playlists like that and from now on i’ll make sure i do that.

thanks so much!

3 replies

Jun 24, 2021 7:57 AM in response to tilly40

I think it’s because when you directly swipe or long press a song and select delete/remove, it deletes it from your library/removes your download. To just remove the song from the playlist and keep them downloaded you should:

tap the three points on top —> tap “Edit” —> press the minus next to the song you want to remove —> tap the red “Delete”

apple music undownloading my music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.