Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alarm indication

There used to be a small alarm indicator at the top of the screen if you’d set an alarm. It isn’t there anymore. I see the clock icon in the Notification Center, but it looks the same whether you have an alarm set or not. So how do you know your alarm will go off? There’s something going on with the Health app sleep schedule as well that impacts the alarm.

iPhone XS

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 2:37 PM

5 replies

Jun 25, 2021 3:09 PM in response to rwd4evr

Hi rwd4evr,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand you're not seeing an indication that your alarm is set, and we'd like to assist. Which iPhone model and iOS version do you have?

Also, some helpful information about alarms and settings can be found here:

How to set and manage alarms on your iPhone - Apple Support

Set an alarm on iPhone

Take care.

Jun 25, 2021 6:22 PM in response to rwd4evr

Hi rwd4evr,

We understand. We were able to test this on our end. And it appears that you will not see the clock icon on the Home screen, but only in the Control Center in the top right near the Battery icon. Are you able to see the alarm icon indicating that you have set an alarm in the Control Center?

Access Control Center on your iPhone and iPod touch

If you're still not seeing in the icon there, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support.

Get Support

Take care.

Jun 25, 2021 4:30 PM in response to Eric--F

I’m on an iPhone XS Max iOS 14.6. My problem is not setting alarms, but rather the fact that there used to be an indication that your alarm had been set up at the very top of the screen. Now that isn’t there so the only way you can check is to go into the Clock app. This seems like a step backwards. Circled is where a little alarm clock used to be if your alarm was set.

Alarm indication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.