Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Newsroom Update

Apple and Major League Baseball announce July “Friday Night Baseball” schedule. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Remote app aborts when pairing with Apple TV

I’m having trouble using the Remote app on my iPad to control an Apple TV. The ipad Remote app locates the Apple TV and prompts me to enter the 4-digit code to pair the device. But after I enter the code, the Remote app aborts. When I then restart the Remote app, the Apple TV is in the device list, but if I try to select it, the Remote app aborts again. If I delete the device and try to add it again, the process repeats.

I have tried rebooting the Apple TV and the iPad.

I have 3 other Apple TVs that work fine with this ipad. I have had this problem with a 4K Apple TV a few months ago, but I got them to interface somehow. But this time, I can’t get it to work. Any ideas?

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 4:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 2:41 PM

Hi mjlee,

Just to clarify, are you using the older Remote app that is now discontinued? If so, you'll want to make sure you're using the Apple TV Remote in the Control Center. The article shared previously explains how to set that up if needed:

Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Take care.

9 replies

Jul 7, 2021 8:37 AM in response to rose_10

Thanks for trying rose_10 but restarting the router/modem, and forgetting the network on ipad and Apple TV does not help.

I would like to try deleting the Remote app from my iPad, but I don’t see how I would reinstall it as it is not in the App store. Does anyone have an idea on that?

iPad Remote app aborts when pairing with Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.