Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting my data back

For my old I phone 11 pro, is it possible to get my things back when I gave away the phone and erased all my apps and contacts and photos on it and transfer it to my iPhone 12

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 5:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 6:00 PM

Sign into the new iPhone 12 using the same Apple ID you used on the iPhone 11. In the set up of the phone, if you had a backup from the iPhone 11, you'll be given the option to restore the new phone from the backup you made (if you made one) on the iPhone. See this link --> Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you didn't ever back up the iPhone 11, as long as you are using the same Apple ID, you can download all your apps you had from the App Store, by going to the Purchased tab in the App Store and all your apps under that Apple ID will be shown with a cloud symbol next to them. Tap the cloud symbol and apps will download.

For things like photos, etc., after signing into the new phone with the same Apple ID, go to Settings > Your Name, iCloud, Media & Purchases. Tap iCloud. Turn on all the services, such as Photos, etc. and if you had synced them with iCloud, they will download to your new phone.

If you didn't back up, nor sync with iCloud and you erased your phone without backing up data, your data is gone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2021 6:00 PM in response to DABSHEHamashi

Sign into the new iPhone 12 using the same Apple ID you used on the iPhone 11. In the set up of the phone, if you had a backup from the iPhone 11, you'll be given the option to restore the new phone from the backup you made (if you made one) on the iPhone. See this link --> Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you didn't ever back up the iPhone 11, as long as you are using the same Apple ID, you can download all your apps you had from the App Store, by going to the Purchased tab in the App Store and all your apps under that Apple ID will be shown with a cloud symbol next to them. Tap the cloud symbol and apps will download.

For things like photos, etc., after signing into the new phone with the same Apple ID, go to Settings > Your Name, iCloud, Media & Purchases. Tap iCloud. Turn on all the services, such as Photos, etc. and if you had synced them with iCloud, they will download to your new phone.

If you didn't back up, nor sync with iCloud and you erased your phone without backing up data, your data is gone.

Getting my data back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.