Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone will not ring

How do I make it ring. My wife”s phone is setup the same as mine and hers rings.TY!

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 7:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 5:10 PM

Hey there, Doug.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! Thanks for posting about your iPhone not ringing as expected. We'd be glad to see how we can help.

The first item we'd check is that you do not have Do Not Disturb turned on, which would silence calls and notifications. Learn more about that in Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Something else that may be at play is the Ring/Silent switch. Look over How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring, or silent mode for more information on how to verify which mode is currently enabled.

If the issue only happens with specific calls, the issue might be a setting called Silence Unknown Callers. Look over Detect and block spam phone calls for some extra tidbits on that setting.

Let us know what you find out.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2021 5:10 PM in response to SailorDoug

Hey there, Doug.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! Thanks for posting about your iPhone not ringing as expected. We'd be glad to see how we can help.

The first item we'd check is that you do not have Do Not Disturb turned on, which would silence calls and notifications. Learn more about that in Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Something else that may be at play is the Ring/Silent switch. Look over How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring, or silent mode for more information on how to verify which mode is currently enabled.

If the issue only happens with specific calls, the issue might be a setting called Silence Unknown Callers. Look over Detect and block spam phone calls for some extra tidbits on that setting.

Let us know what you find out.

Take care.

My phone will not ring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.