Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Mini Software update

Hello, I have an ipad mini I still use, that is from2013 or so. I have noticed that there are not more software updates after I.O.S. 9.3.5 for it, when I go to Software update, under the settings options. Due to this old version of the software a lot of apps are either not available, dont work anymore or are not even allowed to be installed again. Is there anything I can do? A way to update that I dont know about? Any help appreciated.

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 7:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 8:35 PM

No.

Your iPad is too old for any upgrades/updates.

2012, 1st gen iPad Mini is a nearly 9-year old device, today, in 2021

Apple ended support for all 8-10-year old iOS devices well over 4 years, ago, in 2016.

Third party app developers abandoned and stopped supporting these 8-10-year old iOS devices nearly 3 years, ago, in 2018.

There are, virtually, NO MORE third party apps available from the iOS App Store, any longer!

Third party compatible apps for such old devices are few and far between, now, in 2021.

This includes apps for both iOS 9 AND iOS 10 devices!

Simply put, your iPad Mini is too old and obsolete now.

Sorry, but this is the reality for ALL 8-10-year old AND OLDER iOS devices now. Especially now in 2021!

If you need/want an iPad with an up to date iPadOS with access to current, updated apps, then you really need to seriously consider a purchase of a new iPad model OR a much, MUCH “newer” and less expensive, refurbished or used iPad models, from better known, trusted Apple product/device retailers/resellers, some locally or from online, on the Web/Internet, capable of running the latest iPadOS versions.

There are PLENTY of less expensive, newer, older iPad models that can run the latest, current versions of iPadOS.

I am sorry that you had to learn all of this, but this does not change any of the facts regarding these very old iOS devices.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2021 8:35 PM in response to LunaMason

No.

Your iPad is too old for any upgrades/updates.

2012, 1st gen iPad Mini is a nearly 9-year old device, today, in 2021

Apple ended support for all 8-10-year old iOS devices well over 4 years, ago, in 2016.

Third party app developers abandoned and stopped supporting these 8-10-year old iOS devices nearly 3 years, ago, in 2018.

There are, virtually, NO MORE third party apps available from the iOS App Store, any longer!

Third party compatible apps for such old devices are few and far between, now, in 2021.

This includes apps for both iOS 9 AND iOS 10 devices!

Simply put, your iPad Mini is too old and obsolete now.

Sorry, but this is the reality for ALL 8-10-year old AND OLDER iOS devices now. Especially now in 2021!

If you need/want an iPad with an up to date iPadOS with access to current, updated apps, then you really need to seriously consider a purchase of a new iPad model OR a much, MUCH “newer” and less expensive, refurbished or used iPad models, from better known, trusted Apple product/device retailers/resellers, some locally or from online, on the Web/Internet, capable of running the latest iPadOS versions.

There are PLENTY of less expensive, newer, older iPad models that can run the latest, current versions of iPadOS.

I am sorry that you had to learn all of this, but this does not change any of the facts regarding these very old iOS devices.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

Ipad Mini Software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.