Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro

How do I stop photos from opening every time I open my MacBook Pro?

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 9:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 9:44 PM

psimko15 Said:

"MacBook Pro: How do I stop photos from opening every time I open my MacBook Pro?"

-------

Remove Photos from Login Items:

1. Go to: System Preferences
  2. Select: Users & Groups
  3. Select: Your User Name
  4. Click: Ligin Items (Right Tab)
  5. Select: Photos
  6. Click: "-" button
3 replies

Jun 24, 2021 10:09 PM in response to psimko15

psimko15 Said:

"Thanks but, it actually wasn't listed in the login in items? Now, what do I do?"

-------

What to Try:

Try this following, in the order provided.

A. Single Out this User:

For temporary use and troubleshooting purposes, create a new Administrator User, seeing if all shows up as it should. If so, then it is likely an issue with the current user itself. Once determined, delete this Administrator User.

B. Boot in Recovery Mode:

[Hold Down: shift key upon boot]. While in Safe Mode, Login Items do not open at boot, system preferences are set aside, and dames files are fixed, if an option. So, boot into the Safe Mode and see if you get this error. Having booted in Safe Mode, restore normally, login, and see if you get this issues.

C. Reset SMC and your NVRAM Thrice:

Sometime, changes (i.e. Update Installations) are made, and then settings (i.e. Finder GUI) become manipulated, technically. So, reset both. Note that this may take three tries just to reset them successfully. It may take some time to perform this. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

Use these Links:

D. Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple SupportImportant:Be certain to create a backup of your Mac prior to all of this. That way, you can have something to restore from the Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall.

E. Time Machine Backup:

Important: Prior to the reinstallation, Create a Time Machine Backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong, doing the install.

MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.