Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If my iphone is lost or stolen and I log into find my phone, the two factor authentication code is sent to my phone. How then do I log into Find my phone?

If my iphone is lost or stolen and I log into find my phone, the two factor authentication code is sent to my iphone. How then do I log into find my phone?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 12:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 8:04 AM

If you are using a browser make sure to include the “find” in the URL.

If using FindMy on a borrowed Apple device, make sure to click on “Use a Different AppleID” (it’s in blue type at the bottom of the screen)

3 replies

Jun 25, 2021 12:58 AM in response to Confusedbyfindmyphone

It's a bad mistake to have 2FA on the iPhone you lost.

Normally you have at least 2 trusted phone number (a normal landline can also be used)

If you still can't sign in

If you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

If my iphone is lost or stolen and I log into find my phone, the two factor authentication code is sent to my phone. How then do I log into Find my phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.