Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removed device from iCloud but still showing

I created my AppleID on my company's iPad Pro a year ago. Few months ago I removed that device from my iCloud account when I left job.

Today I used same account to log in to my Macbook Pro, but it asked passcode of iPad. I typed passcode and successfully logged in. Then I started to use Messages app, it also says "You are currently sharing your location from “Elgun’s iPad”."

But that iPad is not listed on my iCloud account settings nor in Find My app, so I can't remove it from there.

Is it software bug or there is a way to completely remove device from account that I miss?

System Version: macOS Big Sur 11.4 (20F71)

Messages Version: Version 14.0 (6000)

Best regards,

Elgun Huseynli.

Screenshots:

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 1:47 AM

4 replies

Jun 26, 2021 7:39 AM in response to elgunhuseynli

Hello elgunhuseynli,

It looks like you have some concerns regarding an older iPad Pro that you no longer have access to, but it appears that you are still signed in.

We suggest using the steps here to see which devices are signed in with your Apple ID.

You can use the steps here to see more info about each device as well.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Jun 26, 2021 1:39 PM in response to elgunhuseynli

From the article below.

If you no longer have your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the steps above weren't completed and you no longer have your device, use these steps:

1. Ask the new owner to erase all content and settings using the above steps.
  2. If you're using iCloud and Find My [device] on the device, sign in to iCloud.com/find or the Find My app on another device, select the device, and click Erase. After the device has been erased, click Remove from Account.
  3. If you can't follow either of the above steps, change your Apple ID password. This won't remove personal information that's stored on your old device, but it prevents the new owner from deleting your information from iCloud.
  4. If you're switching to a non-Apple phone, deregister iMessage
  5. If you're using Apple Pay, you can remove your credit or debit cards at iCloud.com. Choose Account Settings to see which devices are using Apple Pay, then click the device. Next to Apple Pay, click Remove.
  6. Remove your old device from your list of trusted devices.

Selling/Giving Away Device.      

Jun 27, 2021 2:38 PM in response to Chris_C1

Thanks for your reply.

But when I went to device list on my Mac's System Preferences or in web (appleid.apple.com), that iPad not listed there. I already erased and removed that iPad few months ago as exactly in steps you posted.

But main problem is iMessage says "You are currently sharing your location from “Elgun’s iPad”" and there is no button to share location from current device. I am afraid that new owner of iPad can read my iMessage conversations.

Removed device from iCloud but still showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.