Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do not have MAIL Icon

I am trying to add a new email to my iPhone. I have the gmail app, and the email set up, but I need to set up another email. I do not have the MAIL icon that people are mentioning in other posts. How can I get around this?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 5:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 5:21 AM

Just so you know, it is the icon that looks like a blue letter that you are looking for and typically it should be in the dock at the the bottom of your iPhone Home Screen. Having said that, you may have deleted it or moved it into a folder by mistake.

First do a search for it. Pull down from the middle of any Home Screen to invoke the spotlight search. Type Mail into the text died at the top. If the app icon appears in the search, and if it is hidden in a folder, the name of the folder will appear to the right of the icon.

If that fails, and you did delete it, you can download it again in the App Store.

Restore a built-in app that you deleted

1. On your iOS or iPadOS device, go to the App Store.
  2. Search for the app. Make sure that you use the exact name of the app. Find the correct name of built-in apps.
  3. Tap  to restore the app.

The correct name of the app is Mail.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2021 5:21 AM in response to aknay

Just so you know, it is the icon that looks like a blue letter that you are looking for and typically it should be in the dock at the the bottom of your iPhone Home Screen. Having said that, you may have deleted it or moved it into a folder by mistake.

First do a search for it. Pull down from the middle of any Home Screen to invoke the spotlight search. Type Mail into the text died at the top. If the app icon appears in the search, and if it is hidden in a folder, the name of the folder will appear to the right of the icon.

If that fails, and you did delete it, you can download it again in the App Store.

Restore a built-in app that you deleted

1. On your iOS or iPadOS device, go to the App Store.
  2. Search for the app. Make sure that you use the exact name of the app. Find the correct name of built-in apps.
  3. Tap  to restore the app.

The correct name of the app is Mail.

Do not have MAIL Icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.