Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does weak security (wpa) mean

all of suddenly, my mac book started not letting me login to App Store but my internet is still working. Also some of the apps are not working either.

then when i checked my wifi it comes up with “weak Security (WPA) “ with warning sign on the next.

when i click it, it just says “if this is your wifi network, configure the router to use WPA2/WPA3 personal (AES) security type for this network”

and when i checked my wifi, it is WPA/WPA3 personal.

and yes my mac is up to date for everything, even location date and time as well.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 7:34 AM

jina146 wrote:

all of suddenly, my mac book started not letting me login to App Store but my internet is still working. Also some of the apps are not working either.
then when i checked my wifi it comes up with “weak Security (WPA) “ with warning sign on the next.
when i click it, it just says “if this is your wifi network, configure the router to use WPA2/WPA3 personal (AES) security type for this network”
and yes my mac is up to date for everything, even location date and time as well.

Apple: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access ...

If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other ...

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2021 7:34 AM in response to jina146

jina146 wrote:

Apple: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access ...

If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other ...

What does weak security (wpa) mean

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.