Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hot MacBook keyboard

While gaming on my base model 2019 MacBook Pro 13 inch the cpu gets very hot as expected however the top of the keyboard where the Touch Bar is get uncomfortable hot to the touch. My thermometer shows that the hottest part is around 45 degrees Celsius at full load. Can this cause damage to the Touch Bar or keyboard or are they built to withstand the very high cpu temps of the trash intel cpu and trash thermal design? I expect that it is designed with this I’m mind? All replies appreciated - thanks.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 11:09 AM

JackMBP19 wrote:

While gaming on my base model 2019 MacBook Pro 13 inch the cpu gets very hot as expected however the top of the keyboard where the Touch Bar is get uncomfortable hot to the touch. My thermometer shows that the hottest part is around 45 degrees Celsius at full load. Can this cause damage to the Touch Bar or keyboard or are they built to withstand the very high cpu temps of the trash intel cpu and trash thermal design? I expect that it is designed with this I’m mind? All replies appreciated - thanks.

Yes it gets warm.

Keep your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperatures

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201640

If the Mac is in danger of over heating it will throttle down, and if necessary shut itself off.

From Terminal you can get onboard temps, copy and paste:

sudo powermetrics -n 1 --samplers smc | egrep -i "FAN|CPU die|GPU die"

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2021 11:09 AM in response to JackMBP19

JackMBP19 wrote:

Yes it gets warm.

Keep your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperatures

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201640

If the Mac is in danger of over heating it will throttle down, and if necessary shut itself off.

From Terminal you can get onboard temps, copy and paste:

sudo powermetrics -n 1 --samplers smc | egrep -i "FAN|CPU die|GPU die"

Hot MacBook keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.