Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random vibration

my iPhone 12pro vibrating randomly a rapid vibration for no notification

how can i solve this problem ?

thanks in advance

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2021 12:45 PM

Welcome Tmansour88,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, your iPhone 12 Pro is vibrating randomly without a notification. We'll do our best to assist with this.

The vibration could be caused by a lot of thing. We'd check if the iPhone is currently set to hide alerts from specific contacts: Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch Under section, 'Turn on Hide alerts'.

Check notification settings for all apps: Change notification settings on iPhone

A tip I've found helpful for issues like this is to check Notification Center. Sometime notifications aren't set to notify you on the Lock Screen.

Should it persist, please reply back with the following:

• Do you use silent unknown callers? Or use any call blocking apps?
  • Does this happen when you connect to Wi-Fi or other cellular towers?
  • Have you noticed any commonalities with this behavior? For example, does it occur during specific times during the day, etc.

Wishing you the best, take care!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2021 12:45 PM in response to Tmansour88

Welcome Tmansour88,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, your iPhone 12 Pro is vibrating randomly without a notification. We'll do our best to assist with this.

The vibration could be caused by a lot of thing. We'd check if the iPhone is currently set to hide alerts from specific contacts: Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch Under section, 'Turn on Hide alerts'.

Check notification settings for all apps: Change notification settings on iPhone

A tip I've found helpful for issues like this is to check Notification Center. Sometime notifications aren't set to notify you on the Lock Screen.

Should it persist, please reply back with the following:

• Do you use silent unknown callers? Or use any call blocking apps?
  • Does this happen when you connect to Wi-Fi or other cellular towers?
  • Have you noticed any commonalities with this behavior? For example, does it occur during specific times during the day, etc.

Wishing you the best, take care!

Jun 29, 2021 7:23 AM in response to Tmansour88

Hey Tmansour88,

Thanks for following up.

A few things we'd check next would be any available app updates: How to manually update apps on your Apple device

Do you happen to have any unfamiliar sleep schedules set up: Add or change sleep schedules in Health on iPhone

If using third-party alarms or sleep schedules, could they be the cause for these unexplained vibrations?

How often does this occur?

Hoping to help out, cheers!

Jun 30, 2021 1:08 AM in response to Tmansour88

I also have this and all updates have been checked for etc etc - it is not like a normal vibration but more two short sharp 'pulses'. It has done it while I am holding it but just a minute ago randomly while just sat on my desk.

I cannot replicate it, but it is a bit like if you have the new message function open and hold down on spacebar for example, you get that quick vibration feedback, well it does this twice when the phone isn't being used.

Are you using a MagSafe case at all?

Random vibration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.