Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone find a work around to darken the icons in Safari and Mail's menu bars?

Just got my new iMac.

Anyone find a way to darken or make bolder the icons in Safari's and Mail's menu bars?

I would also like to enlarge the font a bit larger for my listed Favorits under the Safari menu bar. The grayscale is too light a color for we of the older generation. Disply in System Preferences gives one but five fixed options.

The suits in Corporate sat around a table brain storming and decided we consumers should no longer have the ability to control our own font, menu sizes!

In writting this Post we have the option to Bold, Itallic, Underline, indent, number, bullet, etc., but we lost options for Safari and Mail.

Whomever at Apple removed those abilities in Big Sur should suffer hemmeroids the rest of their life.

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 2:39 PM

Try setting the System/Accessibility/Display/Display preferences to that shown in this screenshot:

You can also play around with the Display contrast slider to get the best contrast for your needs.

The menu bar size is not that much but with my eyesight every little bit helps. I also use Dark Mode for the system and use Dark Reader for Safari. That makes it easier on my eyes.

I get this for the general menu bar:

and this for Safari:

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2021 2:39 PM in response to BotanicalSA

Try setting the System/Accessibility/Display/Display preferences to that shown in this screenshot:

You can also play around with the Display contrast slider to get the best contrast for your needs.

The menu bar size is not that much but with my eyesight every little bit helps. I also use Dark Mode for the system and use Dark Reader for Safari. That makes it easier on my eyes.

I get this for the general menu bar:

and this for Safari:

Anyone find a work around to darken the icons in Safari and Mail's menu bars?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.