Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing iPad pro12.9 fifth generation with iTunes on my computer

cannot connect my ipad pro 5th generation 12.9 ipad to my computer using a usb to usb c convertor device

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jun 26, 2021 6:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2021 7:22 AM

If you are attempting to use a “USB Adapter”, you may have difficulties - as these are a frequent source of issues.

Assuming that your PC (or Mac) has a USB Type-A connection, you simply require a suitable USB Type-A to USB-C cable. Here is one example marketed by Apple:

• mophie USB-A Cable with USB-C Connector (1 m)

https://store.apple.com/uk/xc/product/HN892ZM/A

If using a PC, it will require the latest version of iTunes. You may also use a Mac with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of MacOS.

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

Update to the latest version of iTunes – Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2021 7:22 AM in response to monavmot

If you are attempting to use a “USB Adapter”, you may have difficulties - as these are a frequent source of issues.

Assuming that your PC (or Mac) has a USB Type-A connection, you simply require a suitable USB Type-A to USB-C cable. Here is one example marketed by Apple:

• mophie USB-A Cable with USB-C Connector (1 m)

https://store.apple.com/uk/xc/product/HN892ZM/A

If using a PC, it will require the latest version of iTunes. You may also use a Mac with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of MacOS.

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

Update to the latest version of iTunes – Apple Support

Syncing iPad pro12.9 fifth generation with iTunes on my computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.