Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Korean keyboard installed, how revert to English with CapsLock key?

iPad Pro 12.9" 5th gen, iOS 14.6.

Having installed the Korean keyboard, how can I revert the on-screen keyboard layout to the original "English (UK)" layout with CapsLock key?

Using the globe key and selecting "English (UK)" does not work: it merely switches the on-screen Korean keyboard into its western format with roman letters on the keys, but leaving the CapsLock key position configured to switch back to the Hangul entry method.

How can I change back to the "English (UK)" on-screen keyboard layout with the CapsLock key working as a true CapsLock?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jun 27, 2021 4:01 AM

9 replies

Jun 27, 2021 1:45 PM in response to rdhw2

rdhw2 wrote:

I guess I will have to live with this. It looks very much as if this is designed into the iOS Hangul input method.

It is certainly a bug of some sort that the English keyboard would show Hangul (or any other non-Latin script) on the Caps Lock key. I assume if you remove Korean from the keyboard list, then the English keyboard reverts to normal?

Korean keyboard installed, how revert to English with CapsLock key?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.