Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

microphone for mac mini

I have the Mac Mini and am needing to use microphone for zoom or webex calls for school. My airpods won't work--(I can hear them but they can't hear me). I purchased the Blue yeti USB microphone and it won't work. I found some work arounds, software is not loaded, I plugged it in and restarted and it still doesn't work. Is anyone out there using a USB microphone on their Mac Mini (M1) and which one are you using if it works?

Posted on Jun 27, 2021 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2021 11:14 AM

Hello, dcolmusic.

I think maybe you haven't configured the input choice for your mini.

Plug in your AirPods again, then go to System Preferences > Sound > Input.

Your AirPods should be listed there. Select them and use the slider to adjust the input volume to about midrange.

Do the AirPods work now?

5 replies

Jun 27, 2021 11:27 AM in response to D.I. Johnson

Yes. I was able to test with Quicktime. I haven't tested with zoom or webex. I will try at our next meeting.

These meetings run 3-4 hours so I don't know if I will have enough battery life in my airpods to last--thus another reason for getting a USB microphone. I guess I can always get a pair of wired headphones as a backup too, my ears just get tired :). I called the Apple store support and they say only a Shure USB microphone and Apogee which are both $250-$350 work with the mac mini. I don't understand why the Blue ones don't work as they have been a staple for so long.

Jun 27, 2021 11:42 AM in response to dcolmusic

dcolmusic wrote:

"... I called the Apple store support and they say only a Shure USB microphone and Apogee which are both $250-$350 work with the mac mini. I don't understand why the Blue ones don't work as they have been a staple for so long."

I don't believe the info you got is accurate. The M1 mini still has a 3.5mm TRRS headphone jack that should work with many (most?) wired headphone/mic sets. It'll def work for the wired EarPods.

microphone for mac mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.