Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do Not Disturb disconnect the incoming call

I am using iPhone XR and iOS is 14.6 - I have been noticed, during Do Not Disturb auto active in my bed time, the incoming call its disconnect automatically so other person thinks that I am in call or Busy, previously its just silence the call but now noticed its start rejecting the call.

I know, I can disable the setting by allowing Favorite call/ Contacts/ Everyone but I just need the call should be silence while Do Not Disturb is activated.

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 27, 2021 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2021 12:34 PM

If your iPhone is on Do Not Disturb, you will not hear calls ring, and they will go to voicemail after the allotted period of time. If calls are not going to voicemail, check with your carrier. They are the ones that are responsible for voicemail. Have you tested calling your number from another phone to see if the calls go to voicemail or are you relying on someone telling you the calls are being disconnected?

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2021 12:34 PM in response to shantanu331

If your iPhone is on Do Not Disturb, you will not hear calls ring, and they will go to voicemail after the allotted period of time. If calls are not going to voicemail, check with your carrier. They are the ones that are responsible for voicemail. Have you tested calling your number from another phone to see if the calls go to voicemail or are you relying on someone telling you the calls are being disconnected?

Jun 27, 2021 1:03 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks Crish, thats the thing i am trying to figure out, how suddenly it’s start to reject the call. I called myself to check from other numbers and directly got busy tone saying by carrier is “the dialed number is busy pls try after some time” It should be like ringing for the caller (my end silence) then move to voicemail, isn’t ?

Do Not Disturb disconnect the incoming call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.