Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virus 🦠

Hi! I keep getting messages from my calendar that my iPhone XS Max is infected with virus and I need to click a link to download an app to get the virus off. Is this legit?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 27, 2021 3:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2021 3:42 PM

Probably not. It may be because you clicked allow notifications while browsing a shady website. These are definitely false. Apple would never ask you to download anything that isn't in the appstore because they're apple. You should see safari (or any browser you use) to see if you have a website that sends notifications. I'd just reccomend removing all notification-sending websites and seeing if the notifications stop as it's probably the best bet.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2021 3:42 PM in response to ObeyMyGayy

Probably not. It may be because you clicked allow notifications while browsing a shady website. These are definitely false. Apple would never ask you to download anything that isn't in the appstore because they're apple. You should see safari (or any browser you use) to see if you have a website that sends notifications. I'd just reccomend removing all notification-sending websites and seeing if the notifications stop as it's probably the best bet.

Virus 🦠

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.