Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t reconnect my AirPods

Hi! I have a problem with my AirPods (2th generation) I used to listen music with them without problem, then I forget the device and days after I couldn’t reconnect them, what can I do?

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 5:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 5:34 AM

Hello Valepunzo.

If you can't connect to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ,I suggest you to :

1. Make sure that your iOS or iPadOS device has the latest compatible software.
  2. Open Control Center on your iPhoneiPad, or iPod touch, and make sure that Bluetooth is on.
  3. Put both AirPods in the charging case and make sure that both AirPods are charging.
  4. Go to Settings > Bluetooth. If your AirPods are connected, make sure that they're selected as your audio device. If they aren't connected, just go to the next step.
  5. Close the lid, wait 15 seconds, then open the lid. Press and hold the setup button on the case for up to 10 seconds. The status light should flash white, which means that your AirPods are ready to connect.
  6. Hold the case, with your AirPods inside and the lid open, next to your iOS device.
  7. Follow the steps on the screen of your iOS device.
  8. Test your AirPods. If you still can't connect, reset your AirPods.

I hope I solved your problem.

Thodwrhs.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2021 5:34 AM in response to Valepunzo

Hello Valepunzo.

If you can't connect to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ,I suggest you to :

1. Make sure that your iOS or iPadOS device has the latest compatible software.
  2. Open Control Center on your iPhoneiPad, or iPod touch, and make sure that Bluetooth is on.
  3. Put both AirPods in the charging case and make sure that both AirPods are charging.
  4. Go to Settings > Bluetooth. If your AirPods are connected, make sure that they're selected as your audio device. If they aren't connected, just go to the next step.
  5. Close the lid, wait 15 seconds, then open the lid. Press and hold the setup button on the case for up to 10 seconds. The status light should flash white, which means that your AirPods are ready to connect.
  6. Hold the case, with your AirPods inside and the lid open, next to your iOS device.
  7. Follow the steps on the screen of your iOS device.
  8. Test your AirPods. If you still can't connect, reset your AirPods.

Thodwrhs.

Jun 28, 2021 5:16 AM in response to Valepunzo

Hello Valepunzo.

Apple suggests, to connect to a pair of AirPods, or AirPods Pro, make sure that you have an iPhone with the latest version of iOS

Then follow these steps:

1. Go to the Home screen.
  2. With your AirPods in the charging case, open the charging case, and hold it next to your iPhone. A setup animation appears on your iPhone.
  3. Tap Connect. 
  4. If you have AirPods Pro, read the next three screens.
  5. If you have AirPods Pro or AirPods (2nd generation) and you set up "Hey Siri" on your iPhone already, then "Hey Siri" is ready to use with your AirPods. If you haven't set up "Hey Siri" already and you have AirPods Pro or AirPods (2nd generation), you'll be guided through the setup.
  6. Tap Done.
  7. If you're signed in to iCloud, your AirPods are set up automatically with any of your supported devices that are signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID.

If you're having issues connecting or setting up your AirPods, follow up with a message.

Thodwrhs.

I can’t reconnect my AirPods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.